Make sure your Christmas order makes it onto Santas sleigh! Check our final Christmas order dates here.
The Ethical Menswear Directory
Welcome to the Ethical Menswear Directory. Here you'll find links to some of the most innovative, ethical and sustainable clothing brands out there — from boardshorts made using recycled ocean plastic, to Converse style trainers made of natural rubber.
We created our own ethical clothing brand, Born Hybrid, as we struggled to find eco friendly t-shirts that didn’t break the bank.
There are some great eco companies out there, but it sometimes feels like a mission to track them down. To take the hassle out of this, and to share the eco love, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favourite sustainable clothing brands and outlets.
A-Z Of Ethical Menswear Brands
- Absolutely Bear – Urban men’s fashion including knitwear made from 100% natural fibres.
- Arthur and Henry – Smart, classic shirts for the ethical man.
- Bam: Bamboo – Sportswear and technical underwear in basic colourways. Rave reviews from sportsmen and outdoorsy types.
- Beyond Retro – One-off vintage pieces.
- Born Hybrid – That’s us! Check out our range of fair trade, organic cotton graphic T-shirts. For every T-shirt sold we fund the purchase and protection of 20m2 of habitat through World Land Trust.
- Brothers We Stand – Design led ethical menswear.
- By Nature – Lots of organic, ethical and eco friendly brands all on one website.
- Cock and Bull Menswear – Flat caps, bespoke tweed, and more – all made in the UK.
- Community Clothing – Timeless wardrobe staples made in the UK. Loving the waxed parkas.
- eBay – Second hand clothes on a tight budget.
- Oxfam – Did you know they sell clothes online too? However, shopping in store will cut down on those delivery emissions!
- Ecoalf – Innovative products including trainers made from ocean plastic.
- Buy Me Once – An ethical shopping directory focused on items that last (hence the name!)
- Ethical Superstore – A one-stop shop for a wide variety of ethical brands.
- Ethletic – Ethical Converse style trainers made from FSC certified natural rubber and FLO certified organic cotton.
- Etsy – A wide selection of hand-made, hand-printed and vintage clothes from sellers worldwide. Minimise your carbon footprint (and import duties) by searching for UK shops only.
- Finisterre – Ethical clothing brand for outdoor sports.
- Frank and Faith – A wide variety of ethical brands.
- Greenfibres – A small range of organic and natural fair trade menswear. 100% chemical free.
- Hiut Denim – Jeans handmade in Cardigan, Wales.
- Howies – Ethically made activewear, with a focus on quality clothing that lasts.
- Know The Origin – Fair trade and organic ethical basics for men and women.
- Komodo – One of the original pioneers of ethical clothing with a wide menswear range.
- Lyme Terrace – Ethically made shirts and jumpers made from organic cotton, bamboo and recycled polyester.
- Monkee Genes – Ethically made jeans. Apparently these folks do amazing sales.
- Nudie Jeans – 100% organic jeans made with sustainability in mind. And if your jeans need mending you can pop into their London shop for a free repair service, or they can send you a repair kit free of charge.
- Organic Basics – Mens underwear, activewear and everyday essentials.
- Rapanui – Big player in the UK sustainable clothing market. Based in the Isle of Wight, Rapanui focus on unique tees, jumpers and hoodies.
- Riz Boardshorts – Men’s boardshorts made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Rockit – A massive selection of men’s vintage clothing online.
- Silverstick – Hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts and polo shirts for active lifestyles.
- Stand 4 Socks – Ethical, cool and funky socks with unique and quirky designs.
- The Level Collective – Ethical clothing, organic backpacks, t-shirts, sweater, tools and accessories with some items made in the UK.
- The Natural Store – Ethical clothing and accessories from a variety of brands.
- The White T-Shirt Company – Simple, sustainable, ethical basics.
- Thought – Casual organic cotton, hemp and bamboo menswear.
- Yew Clothing – Ethically made sports and casual wear made from sustainable materials.
- Wolfe Academy – Earth Positive clothing and backpacks.
Don’t Forget About Second Hand!
These sustainable clothing brands are great for new items, but there are also so many great clothes to be found at charity shops and vintage stores. We understand it’s not always possible to go on a charity shop crawl every weekend, but lucky for you, there’s an endless supply of items online…
More from Born Curious...
Emily is the illustrator of our stunning designs at Born Hybrid, and Ashley is in charge of logistics, but what...
We've created an Ethical Menswear Directory featuring some of the most innovative ethical clothing brands out there—from boardshorts made using...
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER